Sending a text message to multiple contacts without creating a group message is a convenient way to communicate without the hassle of managing a collective conversation.
This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of sending individual texts to multiple contacts on both Android and iOS devices.
For Android Devices
Step 1: Open the Messaging App
- Launch the messaging app on your Android device. This is typically labeled as “Messages.”
Step 2: Compose a New Message
- Tap on the pencil icon or the “+” button to compose a new message.
Step 3: Enter the First Contact
- In the recipient field, enter the phone number or select the contact from your address book.
Step 4: Use the Comma Separator
- After adding the first contact, insert a comma “,” to separate it from the next contact.
Step 5: Add More Contacts
- Continue entering contacts, separating each one with a comma. You can either type the phone number or select contacts from your address book.
Step 6: Compose Your Message
- Type your message as usual in the message field.
Step 7: Send Individual Messages
- Once your message is ready, tap the send button. Android will send individual messages to each contact, and replies will be separate.
For iOS Devices:
Step 1: Open Messages App
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2: Create a New Message
- Tap the compose button (usually represented by a pencil icon) to create a new message.
Step 3: Add the First Contact
- Enter the phone number or select the contact you want to send a message to.
Step 4: Use the Semicolon Separator
- After adding the first contact, insert a semicolon “;” to separate it from the next contact.
Step 5: Include More Contacts
- Continue adding contacts, separating each one with a semicolon. You can choose from your contacts list or type in the phone numbers.
Step 6: Compose Your Message
- Type your message in the text field as you normally would.
Step 7: Send Individual Messages
- Tap the send button to dispatch individual messages to each contact. Responses will be received separately.
Tips and Considerations:
Double-check the accuracy of the phone numbers or contacts you’re entering to avoid sending messages to the wrong recipients.
2. Group Messaging Settings:
Ensure that your device’s messaging settings are configured to send individual messages, and not group messages. This is usually found in the messaging app settings.
3. Character Limits:
Be aware of character limits for SMS messages. If your message exceeds the limit, it may be split into multiple messages.
4. Message Delivery Reports:
Depending on your device and carrier, you may receive delivery reports for each message sent.
Things to avoid
While sending text messages to multiple contacts without creating a group message can be convenient, it’s important to be mindful of certain considerations to ensure a smooth and respectful communication process.
The below listed are the must things that you should be keeping in mind to maintain the safer side of your private life with safe and private messaging.
Here are some things to avoid:
1. Incorrect Contact Information:
- Avoidance: Sending messages without verifying the accuracy of the contact information.
- Why to Avoid: Incorrect numbers can send messages to unintended recipients, causing confusion or privacy concerns.
2. Assuming Privacy:
- Avoidance: Sending sensitive or personal information without considering the privacy of individual recipients.
- Why to Avoid: Respect the privacy of each recipient, especially when sharing personal details that may not be suitable for a mass message.
3. Excessive Frequency:
- Avoidance: Sending frequent mass messages without considering the potential annoyance to recipients.
- Why to Avoid: Excessive messaging can be perceived as spam, leading to recipients ignoring or blocking your messages.
4. Lack of Consent:
- Avoidance: Sending messages to multiple contacts without their consent or in situations where it may not be appropriate.
- Why to Avoid: Respect the boundaries and preferences of your contacts, especially in professional or formal settings.
5. Disregarding Time Zones:
- Avoidance: Sending messages without considering the time zones of your recipients.
- Why to Avoid: Sending messages at inappropriate times can disturb recipients and negatively impact their experience.
6. Ignoring Opt-Out Requests:
- Avoidance: Continuously sending messages to contacts who have expressed a desire to opt-out.
- Why to Avoid: Ignoring opt-out requests can lead to frustration, damaged relationships, or even legal implications in some contexts.
7. Not Acknowledging Replies:
- Avoidance: Failing to acknowledge or respond to individual replies from recipients.
- Why to Avoid: Ignoring replies can lead to miscommunication and may discourage recipients from engaging in future messages.
8. Overlooking Message Tone:
- Avoidance: Using inappropriate or overly casual language, especially in professional or formal settings.
- Why to Avoid: The tone of your message should be appropriate for the context to maintain professionalism and respect.
9. Forgetting Customization:
- Avoidance: Sending generic messages without any personalization for individual recipients.
- Why to Avoid: Customizing messages based on the recipient’s relationship or context can enhance the effectiveness of your communication.
10. Ignoring Legal and Regulatory Considerations:
- Avoidance: Sending messages that violate privacy laws or regulations.
- Why to Avoid: Ignoring legal considerations can result in legal consequences and damage your reputation.
11. Using Inappropriate Language:
- Avoidance: Using offensive, discriminatory, or inappropriate language in your messages.
- Why to Avoid: Inappropriate language can lead to offended recipients, damage relationships, and harm your personal or professional reputation.
12. Neglecting Cultural Sensitivity:
- Avoidance: Sending messages without considering cultural differences that may impact interpretation.
- Why to Avoid: Cultural sensitivity is crucial to avoid misunderstandings or unintentional offense.
Sending text messages to multiple contacts without group messages can be efficient and personalized if done with consideration and respect.
By avoiding these pitfalls, you can ensure that your communication is well-received, maintains privacy, and fosters positive relationships with your recipients.
Conclusion on Enjoy Convenient and Personalized Messaging
Following these step-by-step instructions, you can easily send text messages to multiple contacts without creating a group message.
This method allows for individualized communication, making it convenient for personal or professional conversations without the complexities of managing a group chat.
So make sure you share this post with your fellow friends and family members too so that they can also get to know about personalized messaging and feel safer while doing the messages. Happy texting!
Thank You 🙂