How to activate deactivated Jio Sim, how to activate Jio Sim in Jio Phone, or how to activate Jio Sim after porting: Reliance JIO has introduced and launched the 4G Internet services at very affordable, cheap, and lower rates forcing and onboarding millions of users from other networks to shift to Reliance JIO services which also offers various services in different segments like broadband, online shopping, internet services, OTT platform and much more…
The disruptive change by Reliance Jio also occurred due to the low signal network from Airtel, BSNL, Vodafone, and alike. Reliance JIO also released their 4G keypad feature phones that come preinstalled with Jio SIM and users can straight away start experiencing the data and voice services.
Hence, those who are using Jio Phone or searching for Jio Sim activation in Jio Phone actually don’t need activation. But if you are a BSNL, Idea + Vodafone (Vi), Airtel user, and are porting to Reliance Jio SIM and confused about how to activate Jio Sim in Jio Phone, then it is necessary to activate the sim by verifying with the network provider. To learn how to activate Jio SIM after porting or how to activate the Reliance Jio Sim after porting and turn ON data and calls services. You can easily follow the listed steps below to get your Jio Sim activated after porting.
Moreover, users and customers looking for cheap and affordable data plans with high-speed internet services and voice data calls will be satisfied with the JIO network. Due to the highly competitive pricing from other telecom operator networks, Reliance JIO is clearly winning user votes with both strong signals and cheap recharges.
So, if you are fed up with your previous SIM network operator and want to port to Reliance JIO Sim or stuck on how to activate Jio Sim after porting, then here is a complete run down compilation of what you need to do, so please follow the simple and easy process flow to activate your Jio Sim after porting to Jio.
Make sure you need to submit for Mobile number portability (MNP) registration and then you may need to wait for a few hours-days until your network is completely changed. You can also activate a BSNL, Airtel, and other SIMs card using a similar process of tele-verification.
How to activate Jio SIM after porting?
The SIM activation process of Reliance Jio is the same as for other ported operator sims networks as well. But first, you need to submit for porting to a JIO retailer and wait for a few hours or days to start the activation process and completely change the service provider. As said, depending on your mobile number and previous network, it may take hours to days. So without any further delay, let us learn how to port to Jio SIM after porting and then activate the sim for voice and data connections.
- To port from any network to Reliance JIO, just SMS ‘PORT <10-Digit mobile number>’ to 1900 and wait for a return message.
- Once JIO is ready to start porting process, it will send an SMS with UPC (Unique porting code) and expiry date.
- Go to your nearest Jio retailer or Jio mobile store and submit UPC, expiry date.
- Also, submit your original ID proof (Aadhar/POA/POI) for the tele-verification process that will be needed after porting.
- Wait for a few hours/days depending on the MNP service request.
- You will get a confirmation SMS from JIO once ported and you will also see the name of the network changed in Settings.
Once porting is successfully done, follow the tele-verification process mentioned for a new sim. All JIO sims have the same verification process which you need to follow. Once you finish verification for your ported SIM, get recharge with 4g plans and you can start using Voice calls+data services directly. Also, recharge with monthly plans on JIO to save a lot on data costs. Remember to use the same mobile number or phone number while recharging but select the JIO platform to see recharge options.
How to activate Reliance Jio SIM after porting?
Directly coming to our point on how to activate Jio Sim after porting and the process to activate ported SIM is almost the same. Once our SIM is ported wait for the signal and authentication, it will take up to 30-60 minutes. You will receive a tele-verification SMS. Just dial 1977 to complete the process and enter the last 4 digits of your submitted document. Or the OTP can also be sent at the time of filling the Reliance Jio SIM form.
To activate Jio SIM after porting follow the simple steps
Check If you’ve received a confirmation SMS asking for the tele-verification.
If you’ve received the message
Dial 1977 from the Jio number to activate both the Voice and Data services.
Enter the last 4 digits of the submitted identity – a Voter ID card or Aadhar card
Done your Jio SIM should get activated instantly, though in some cases, it may take up to 4-5 hours.
How to activate Jio SIM in Jio phone?
We have already written the complete guide on how you can activate Jio Sim on Jio Phone. The process to activate Jio SIM is the same for the feature phone and other users of the telecom operator. To complete Jio SIM in Jio phone or activating Jio Sim in Jio Phone please complete the tele-verification. Here, the tele-verification number is the same for Jio Phone Users “1977”. You need to dial the number from your Jio Phone. During the tele-verification process, you need to enter the last four digits of your identity document submitted. There is no change in the SIM activation process for Jio Phone Users.
How to activate a new 4G Jio SIM card in Android?
If you just bought a new Reliance JIO 4G sim card, the sim activation process is pretty very easy. Every JIO user must confirm their voice, address identity to use calls+ internet data services. This is called the tele-verification process conducted for every new JIO connection. But wait before that, insert your JIO card into the Sim slot and wait for a few hours to receive the signal, and perfectly authenticate the number. After you receive the signal, JIO will send a confirmation SMS to apply to tele verification and cross-check confirmation. You need to wait until this message is received 6-7 hours or more after your buy the Jio SIM card.
How to activate Reliance Jio SIM For Data Services?
- To activate data services on your Jio SIM, dial 1800-890-1977 (toll-free number)
- You can dial any mobile number as mentioned in the Jio SIM form.
- Enter the newly purchased Jio mobile number
- Data services will get activated
How to activate Jio SIM?
As already discussed, it’s very easy to activate Jio Sim, just you need to follow some basic steps and easy process flow.
- To activate voice calling (VoLTE) on your Jio SIM follow the simple steps
- Check If you’ve received a confirmation SMS asking for the tele-verification.
- If you’ve received the message
- Dial 1977 from the Jio number to activate both the Voice and Data services.
- Enter the last 4 digits of the submitted identity – a Voter ID card or Aadhar card
- Done your Jio SIM should get activated instantly, though in some cases, it may take up to 4-5 hours.
How to activate voice calls on the new Jio SIM?
- Insert the SIM and wait for JIO to send you a confirmation SMS for tele verification.
- Call 1977 and respond to the IVRS. Press 1&2 to activate Voice+data services.
- Then submit the last 4 digits of your identity proof that you submitted to the JIO retailer.
- Once your ID proof is confirmed, the IVRS will notify you to wait until activation.
- Your new Jio SIM will be activated for voice calls within 3-4 hours.
How to activate the Jio sim which is Deactivated?
If your Jio SIM is deactivated and you want to active your Jio Sim, you can easily do it. Yes, it is possible to activate your deactivated Jio SIM. As per TRAI (Telecom Regulations Authority of India) subscribers without any usage for 90 days and balance less than Rs. 20 will be deactivated. To activate such a SIM make a payment of Rs. 20.
You need to make the payment within 15 days to reactive your Reliance Jio SIM. If it is already past 15 days, then you call Jio customer care or visit the nearest Jio store or Dx mini store to request reactivation of your SIM. Provide the required documents proofs and wait for a confirmation call, your Jio SIM will be activated.
How to activate Data on New Jio SIM?
- Call the 1800-890-1977 toll-free number from your Jio SIM and respond to the IVRS. Choose to activate Data services and confirm your ID proof. Then enter your newly registered JIO mobile number to activate Data and internet services.
- Also, set up APN by going to Android Menu>Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point names. Click ‘Reset’ or ‘Default’ to autoload APN configuration. Try connecting to the internet via any browser.
- If you are still unable to connect, click ‘Create New APN’ and fill ‘Name’ and ‘APN’ fields with ‘Jionet’ and press ok. The APN settings are loaded and you will be able to use the Internet with Jio.
Did you recently port to JIO or tried porting from Jio to other operators or vice versa? How many days did it take to port from Jio and How did you find the network different from other operators, is it easy or tough? Let us know the experience, features, and services with Jio SIM.
Jio Sim Activation Customer Care Number
As mentioned above, if you found any error or any technical issues while porting from another operator network to Jio. Please contact the Official Reliance Jio customer care number to get instant assist and help.
Still, left with any questions in your mind? Please let us know in the comments section below, we will try our best to help you out and make sure to solve your problem from scratch, Thank You.
Team Jio Fiber